Saturday, March 29, 2008

More Pictures and Words

I hurt. Not all over. Just my legs. Actually everything from my ankles to where my butt joins my back and a little further hurts. Right now the pain isn't so bad, but I'm pretty certain that in the morning I will be in more than my pain will be a little more acute.

This morning Tomo sent me an e-mail about going hiking in a nearby mountain. I've never been hiking in a mountain so I said yes. I am really glad I did. I had a great time with him on Jokoji Mountain.

We hiked for about three hours and saw nature. Writing that I've seen Nature today feels a bit weird, but I live in a city. A big city. I have gone months without actually seeing a real tree (a real tree is any tree that hasn't been continuously manicured into a street accessory) or a real patch of grass.

I communed with NATURE today and it scared me a few times. I am deathly afraid of snakes and for some reason Ma Nature so fit to put no less than 500 little brown lizards on or near the path we were walking on and at one point she placed a small bird on the path right in front of me. I damn near stepped on it. It suddenly started screaming at my feet and running off. Of course I screamed, Tomo would call it a shriek... a girly shriek, but I am going to stick with scream.

At any rate Mother Nature had it in for me today. Here are some pics from the hike.



2 comments:

SemiSpecial said...

what is that..in the last pic

Artificial Knight said...

those are dead baby mice that have been chopped in half. There is an owl that is moving in slowly to eat them.