Friday, April 04, 2008

Dating

What is the point? Really. What is the point... the purpose of dating?

When I was younger I had very few opinions on the subject. It was another word for courting and therefore open to the scrutiny and teasing of parents and relatives. I have memories of my aunts pointing and cooing in that annoyingly condescending voice that adults use to tease children, "Oh look! They're courting." I don't think I know of any person who ever found that type of talk pleasurable.

Anyway, dating when I was younger was something to be avoided. As I grew older and realized that my penis did more than piss my opinion of dating changed. Dating became an unavoidable step to dependable booty. In some ways I still hold that opinion but now it is starting to change. Booty is important but I want more.

How much more?

I am not sure about that. A life commitment seems a bit big, but I think I just need to know that I am important to someone.

You know? How do you even asks someone about how important you are to them?

That type of question seems like a conversation killer. Like "POW," and the conversation is dead.

If a person succeeds in deciding how much more they want from dating then what?

Should they start dating people as if they were holding auditions? Is that what dating is for? To audition people? To see if they have that thing you want?

No comments: