Sunday, April 08, 2007

rambling

"It was a dark and stormy night...."

Why does that phrase have such power? Its mere utterance is enough to make the some people go peeking over their shoulders. As an intro I think its lame. You could have the same amount of luck with "...it was night and a terrible storm was raging..." At least that way you're not forced or at the very least expected to tell a horror story.

Dark and Stormy. Ha! I am afraid of the dark. I share it with the kids at work to gain a bit of trust sometimes, and with the adults to get a few laughs. dark. can mean so many things to so many people. To me it always meant something is waiting with deep, rattling breath, and such an underdeveloped sense of urgency that waiting patiently in the dark for the duration of my life has yet to prove boring... or my squirming in the dark is enough to justify patience.

1 comment:

SemiSpecial said...

It was a DARK AND STORMY NIGHT, and tommie decided to write another blog entry..

Geez..that scared me..couldn't finish the sentence. :)