Monday, November 19, 2007

I have a dream.

Actually I have a nightmare.

I dream (Does one dream a nightmare or simply flee it?) that I am in my apartment looking out the window. The light is normal for autumn in the city. Nice, bright, warm. There is a slight chill in the air. The kind of chill you only recognize if you happen to find yourself in a shadow.

It is a nice day... maybe a Thursday.

Suddenly I hear rumbling and I see birds suddenly fly up off in the distance. The rumbling gets louder and louder and then I see it. The city is rolling. The buildings are actually going up and down and crashing into each other. The rumbling and the rolling gets closer and closer to my building. I am horrified but at the same time spell bound by the sheer beauty of it.

Nature claiming this city that man has built.

I think I die in that nightmare. I never find out because I always wake up and check the view from my window. There will actually be a large earthquake here in the near-ish future. The Tokai Earthquake. It is supposed to happen every 25 to 50 years and it is actually about 30 years late. Maybe more. They say that when the earthquake finally comes Fuji will erupt or that Fuji will erupt and then the earthquake will come. At any rate the two will be linked and I will flee the country as quickly as I can.

I have no desire to die surrounded by rubble under the cover of a volcanic night. No thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had similiar visions about earthquakes hitting several parts on november 27 2007, and was shocked to see that several happened on that very date. I have visions of the apocolypse too. email me if you want to discuss this topic. CONTACT ME AT:

VIOLETMORPHO@YAHOO.COM