Monday, March 10, 2008

Where the hell is Whitney?

I haven't breathed in about two weeks. I received some bad news from a friend of mine and felt like I should take an HIV test. So I did. I searched the Internet for links to an English speaking doctor that does HIV tests. I found one but he 10,000 yen. (basically 100 dollars.) In my opinion peace of mind has no price, so I was preparing to rip open my wallet and pay the money, but then this soft, sultry, sexy, sublime, wonderfully kind nurse said, "wait." She looked around and found a city health office that does HIV tests for free. I said thank you and went off in search of the office. I found the office last Monday and now I have my results.

This is where Ms. Whitney Houston would come in nicely. I need her to come out and sing that class jam from the movie Waiting to Exhale. I have been waiting for seven days for a little Japanese woman in a lab coat and red class to give me two thumbs up and a smile.

I love that woman and I love Whitney. I was so happy that I didn't even take the train back home. I walked and sang Shoop the entire way.

I am so happy, but at the same time I feel a little sad. I got good news today, but somewhere someone didn't get such good news. There was a man waiting to see the doctor too. He was actually before me and he looked so nervous. I sat beside him and I could hear his shallow nervous breathing. I didn't talk to him, but I do hope that his news was as good as mine. No one should have to wait in that condition, but then again every one should take steps to ensure that they don't find themselves in that situation.

He left quickly after leaving the doctors office. I hope he is well. Perhaps Whitney should get tested too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad ur test came back negative. And that whitney comment was a little mean. Shes a crackhead..not HIV positive.