Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I am Happy.

That has become my catch phrase as of late. When people ask how I am I always say, "I'm happy." When I think about it saying something like that sounds a bit strange. Like you're trying to convince people that contrary to what they have heard you are happy and it also seems like you're trying to convince yourself that contrary to what you know you are happy.


I am happy though. It's true... I think.


My happiness as of late comes primarily from dating this wonderful guy, Tomo. He's great. He makes me feel really good, but I'm trying to curb the happy frenzy that I know I can easily slip into. Sometimes I can get so happy that I start to gloss over all the things that are bad. Like, um, a guy who you have great sex with 15 percent of the time, but during the other 85 percent of time he makes you go on this insane emotional roller coaster. Up and down and up and down until you're just a bobble headed doll.

No mind. Just response. I'm trying to avoid that with Tomo. The aftermath of a roller coaster is seldom pretty, and I never want to have to feel aftermath with him, but then that is my happiness talking again.

Anyway, my happiness is the result of the best movie in recorded history... well the best I've seen this month: Transformers.

It is very rare that a movie dealing with something that is mildly important to my childhood is done right. I actually can't think of that many movies that I would consider based on things in my childhood.

Street Fighter. Shit.

Mortal Kombat. OK.

Mortal Kombat 2. Painful sideways shit.

Dead Or Alive. Recent shit.

Captain America. Weird shit.

Fantastic Four. Weak shit.

X-men. Not quite shit, but not quite OK.

X-men 2. OK.

X-men 3. Wonderful.

Transformers. A-fucking-mazing!

Transformers gave me what I needed. What I've always needed: big giant robots tearing the fuck out of a semi major city in a fight that humans happen to get squished in. There were so many explosions and fights and transformations and cool robots and Optimus knifed a bitch through the neck.

I am so happy. I must see this movie again. I felt worried though. I got the same feeling I got when I watched Matrix 3. There was a scene in that Matrix when the sentinels flooded the Zion dock and kinda started to swarm like a great big giant angry snake. In that moment I thought the movie was over. There was no more point. The humans were fucked.

In Transformers I got the same feeling. The robots were so big. Their weapons were so amazing. They were so almost completely impervious to our attacks. I was actually frighted for the human race, but, of course, in true Hollywood fashion the humans ended up luckily destroying the robots with the help of their great friends, the Autobots, who had managed to learn English (American English) through the use of the world wide web. They actually said it that way, " the World Wide Web!) I haven't heard any one say the actual name in years. It made me laugh a little.

At any rate the movie was excellent and I am tired. it is now 2:12 am and I am tired. This was officially day one of my two week vacation and I spent it by playing video games, studying for the GRE, reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, watching the freaking amazing Transformers movie, and then drinking beer and other things. So I am officially tired. At least my brain is. Night.

1 comment:

SemiSpecial said...

I have yet to see the movie. It's just hard for me to get into the whole big ass robot thing. Glad you enjoyed it. Oh yeah..kudos to you and Tomo! I hope he doesn't get sucked in the Tommie zone.