Saturday, December 15, 2007

Even in my dreams I can't swim..


It is true. Last night I had a very interesting dream.


It started with me looking out across a frozen glacier. My older sister and two older guys were there. It is my dream so I assume I was in charge of the group. I took one look at the glacier and decided that we, actually just me, needed to get across the glacier immediately. I decided that the best way to do it would be to use a hover craft and so we did. We were almost immediately whizzing across the glacier in the hover craft.


Now I have absolutely no real world experience with hovercrafts so I guess that is why the inside of the hovercraft looked just like the inside of my dad's old boat. That boat was really old and rotten on the inside. On more than one occasion the motor would be ripped off the back of the boat by really rough waves. I guess that is why we stopped going fishing in the gulf. Once my dad and my uncle had to row the boat back inland after the motor fell off.


At any rate the hover craft looked just like my dad's boat until we got clear of the ice and then it changed into a regular boat. The glacier also changed. It became a large frozen canal. There were pieces of ice floating every where and for some reason large lion heads. They were all sculpted from ice. The were large and milky white with clear blue teeth. They were huge and all over the place. Some where stuck in large pieces of ice and others were floating freely in the water. After a while the ice disappeared from the canal and we were able to drive the boat quicker. That is when I saw another boat.


Actually there wasn't a boat. I could just see the wake from the "boat" as it drove past us. As it went by it splashed water on us and suddenly our boat became a large floating ceramic tub. Then we flipped. My sister and the guys fell out the tub, but I hung on for a long as I could. I didn't want to let go of it for fear of sinking so I had my arms and legs wrapped around the rim of the tub. I wiggled my feet to try to push the boat back into a level position but continued to sink and then I woke up.



I think I should learn to swim or something. That shit woke me up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, i almost drowned once. I think it was because I freaked out more than just trying to save myself.