Sunday, December 09, 2007

A "fun" Sunday

This has got to be one of the lamest days of my life. I spent the vast majority of the day in my apartment in a pair of sweat pants telling myself to not eat. Not eating is actually very easy seeing as how I have a pack of spaghetti sauce, one persimmon, and about two days worth of spaghetti noodles left.




No food. No eat. Very simple.




I probably mentioned this at some point in the past two weeks but I will say it again. I bought my ticket home for Christmas and effectively destroyed my budget for the month. I've been rationing food and money trying to make it to the day when the money my mom was supposed to send me would arrive.




As of now that money has yet to arrive. Apparently there was some type of mix up at the UPS office and the money was sent via USPS, and at this time of year the USPS is already stuffed to bursting with lame ass Christmas cards and shitty gifts. This happened with my Christmas gift last year. My mom sent me a gift and I didn't get it until the middle of January. It really made my Christmas sad. I think I may have gotten really depressed. It was my first Christmas away from my family and it just felt like they had forgotten about me. I knew they hadn't but I had a really hard time getting that thought out of my mind.




This time I'm not depressed. I am oscillating between frustration and extreme anger. I put off going back home for so long because of the strain it would put on my budget. Now it seems like I should have waited a wee bit longer.




At any rate my day was boring. I took a break from my thriftiness to walk over to the pet shop. I was planning on getting a Guinea Pig after Christmas, but after doing a few Internet searches and talking to one of my students I realized that guinea pigs are difficult to come by in Japan. So now I am looking at hamsters. Actually I have already decided. After Christmas probably within two or three days of getting back I'm gonna go and buy a hamster.




I haven't decided on a name for the hamster just yet. I was thinking of naming it Asashoryu if it is a boy and Koda Kumi if it is a girl.


I just made a joke. I admit it wasn't funny, but I tried and trying gets a chuckle or two, right? Right?


Anyway, at the pet shop today I just wanted to look at the hamster cages and try to gauge prices. I walked the 25 minutes to the pet shop and right before going in the door almost passed out. The pet shop is really crowded and I think hard to clean. It smells strongly of animal pee. The two people working in their must have like sniffed pure shit as children cause that is the only way that I can imagine anyone sitting in that stench for an extended period of time. At any rate I didn't go in. I wanted to, but the smell was just too much for my delicate composition. Maybe another day.


I actually wanted to check out their cages and look at the monkey. Yes, a monkey. The pet shop sales monkeys. MONKEYS!!!! I love monkeys. I don't think I could ever imagine having one as a pet, but looking at them is OK. I always thought it was illegal to sale them though. Oh well.



The pet shop isn't repulsive or particularly offensive I just didn't have the same motivation I had on Friday to go bouncing in happily to look at rodents. I will, however, have that motivation when I go to buy my hamster and cage.

No comments: