Thursday, September 14, 2000

stupid, STUPID

Let me tell you how this is going to happen. I am going to get dropped from my college algebra class. It is all my fault. *sob*

I am so stupid. I cannot help my self though. Once I start reading those stories I get so hot and horny that I cannot control my self. I was 20 minutes late to class because of it today. I was to nervous to go in late. So I did not go. This is the second time. If I miss again I will be dropped. So no more stories for me until.....I get a man.

On a more interesting note. I am reading the most incredulous book. Normally I would not label a work of non-fiction as incredible. A documentary finds it even harder, but this one has done the impossible and managed to keep me coming back and actually considering why gay people as a whole have been denied their place in history.

This book "Gay New York" is a summation of different developments in the gay culture of New York in the early twentieth century. It shows that contrary to popular belief we, gay people, have been around for a very long time, and it shows that we have been accepted for an equally long time and it is not until now that we have began to receive far more ridicule and hate than in prior years.

I love this book its pictures its ideas it's almost infinite supply of quotes and pictures is something that I never hoped to see from a book that was discussing Gays so openly. I am only used to essays or short articles that praise for a moment but are often filled with undertones of disgust for us. I believe everyone should read this book. Especially if they are not gay. This book is giving me hope in knowing that I am not just some random freak of nature but an actual part of the human existence. We should all read books like this. To get in touch with our past.....

No comments: