Monday, March 20, 2006

Hour 11: Feeling Like a Caged Animal

To say that this day is not exciting would be a bit of a lie. I am so buzzed, kind of. At least I was. I feel like a caged animal. This “flight,” this torture seems determined to never end. !4 hours from Dallas to Osaka. I’ve been on long car trips, but in those situations I always knew someone. Today I know no one. I know that there are five other people on this flight who are going to Japan for the same reason as me. I also know that aside from the requisite Japanese people all the foreigners look normal. Normal may be the wrong word. They don’t look unusually remarkable. No one stands out as being one of the elect few.

Truth be told this type of job is common nowadays. So, the elect few is just a myth that exists only in my head. Kind of like W.E.B Dubois and the magnificent 10 or some shit like that. Anyway, I’m bored and I’m still reeling from the insult I was dealt today at the hands of this old…. GUY! This guy who is from Amarillo, Texas is a finance consultant. He talked my ear of during my flight from Mobile, AL to Dallas. Al 77 minutes of it. He would not shut up. He made me give him my sister’s phone number so that he could offer her some help with refinancing her shit. After he talked to me for about an hour, during which time I ran to the bathroom and tried to feign sleeping (he could not be shook), he says that I look older than what I really am, He says that he would have pegged me as thirty and not 23.

That old bastard my heart break. 30? Thirty? THIRTY FUCKING YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never been so hurt. I mean thirty isn’t a bad age. I’m hearing more and more reports of people coming into their prime at thirty. I’m not near my prime though. I’m not even on that downward (or upward) spiral to 30 yet. Naturally I played off my hurt. I made it into a joke. I wanted to hit him. I wanted to knock those liver spots straight off his sorry ass. I know a poorly veiled insult when I see one. He was saying I looked bad, But who wouldn’t? I have only had two hours of sleep today. I’m tired and it freaking shows. He caught me at a down moment. But I’ll get him. I’ll show the world that I am only 23 and I look great!


Not really, but I’m gonna see if I can get some sleep in. I have this creeping feeling that the trainers are gonna try to take us out to eat tonight. To turn them down or not to urn them down? That is the question.

1 comment:

SemiSpecial said...

Well, that really sounds great Tommie! Next time, tell us the fun adventures of ur dentist appointment.lol Glad you got throught this trip. Hopefully, the jetlag will subside.