Monday, January 29, 2007

from the train

It is sunny and as always quiet. From the window the world goes rolling quickly by. At every stop the doors open onto a new and interesting picture. A woman running through the shadow of a building as if the cold held captive there will reach out and snatch her oversized Louis Vitton bag away; two bikes long rusted from lack of use being nuzzled gently by a small dog; a boy or girl picking at their carefully gelled hair continously...






It is done. I am single. Last night, my boy.... Robert and I ended our relationship. It was a mutual agreement?


We met at Starbucks. I had a short Tazo Chai Tea Latte (I thought only coffee could be a latte.) and he had a grande White Chocolate something and then he showed me these two books on corporate warrior (oxymoron?) philosophy. Then we made small talk for about twenty minutes. This small talk was actually me gettting ready to some comlletly clean but then changing the subject quickly. After I had finished my tea and he had finished his chocolate and cinnamon roll (he got that too) I blurted out that we should walk and so we did.


We walked to Central Park and with tower looming behind us and an oasis before us we ended our relationship.

It went smoothly. A lot of laughing and a few apologies. I laughed he apologized. He admitted that he had been purposefully becoming more distant because he sense that he might be getting this new job very soon. I told him that I figured as much and that he had been making me very angry. Actually I said livid. Three times and then stomped. He apologized and then I told him that his one word text message response had been driving me crazy for the last month. He apologized again. Then we walked some more, laughed, hugged, and then in walked away in different directions. I towards the oasis and he to the city.

There was no bad blood there. Notice that I refrained from telling him of my "wanderings." Now it seems that I have a friend. We agreed to be that way. I'll see if I can.

No comments: