Friday, September 14, 2007

Where are the Britney Spears fans of years past? Have they grown up? Have they suddenly realized the true lack of singing ability of their Red-Necked Deity? Have they, dare I say it, become Beyonce fans?

I say, "YES, DAMMIT!"

I have been reading about this Britney Spears VMA fiasco on countless blogs and news sites. I've heard that it is so legendarily un-Britney that people have begun to doubt that she will ever rise to her leathery red goodness of 2000. (If you're curious I'm referring to the only Britney video that I learned the moves to: "Oops, I did it Again.") She will never again make us beg for more of her nasally abuse like she did in 2002. ("Slave") This performance is soooo bad, but I can't find the damn thing anywhere.

The Beyonce fans and haters would and have ripped YouTube apart to put virtually every breath of the woman on the Internet. Can the Britney fans not do the same?

Or will they not do the same?

Perhaps those surviving few have decided that she can not be seen in this condition. They have buried her work and I feel that very soon they will bury her. Like any "great" pop figure her fans only want what is good about her to carry on. Her "sexiness", her "strong and beautiful" NASALLY voice, her *snicker* song writing ability, and lets not forget her ability to follow choreography.

Good Bye Britney Spears. I will miss you... and "not" have a party.

No comments: