Monday, November 13, 2000

Small Potatoes?

You know what I'm scared of? Let me tell you.

If someone were to hypnotize me and ask what have you been doing with your life I'm more than a little worried That I might say I've been trying to piss off God, but I'm starting to give up because I can't seem to do anything wrong enough to get a rise out of the bastard. Not saying he is a bastard but I'm just tired of waiting on some confirmation of his existence. Just a small miracle would be enough for me. Something like a drop of water falling from a blue sky. A warm breeze in the middle of a hospital. Something. Nothing to elegant. Elegance is the type of thing you expect to come from men. All I want is simple grace.

Then they would snap their fingers and I would be thrust back into my ho-hum life like nothing ever happened.

Tyrone says that from reading my diary he realizes that me, Christina and Lisa (distant relative and friend) are all small potatoes. He also grouped himself in that later on but still. I think that I have great, lavishes dreams and desires. My grand scheme is no smaller or potatoish then the next persons. I have will. I like to think that this whole period in the Junior college is nothing more than a way of making into a more powerful force. When I leave Moss Point I never want to return. I want to go into the world and scare the hell out of people. If that still makes me small potatoes then so be it. I'll be the small potato that sends you to the hospital choking. I'll be the small potato that a field of small potatoes grow from. I will be a force. who cares if it is a potato force.

No comments: